The ability to hear is such an integral part of life that most people take it for granted. Hearing is a gift, but do we place enough value on it? While hearing loss is the world’s single most preventable disability, it is also one of the most common.
- 1 out 0f 10 people in the world is hearing impaired.
- As the population ages, and noise pollution increases, more and more people will be unable to hear well, facing potential social isolation.
- By 2015, an estimated 700 million people will be Hearing impaired worldwide.
Every day modern science introduces new forms of digital technology which improve our lives in ways never before imagined. The world of Hearing instruments is a part of this digital revolution. Utilising state of the art technology, fully digital hearing instruments assist the hearing impaired by providing improved sound quality and giving more people the superior hearing assistance they deserve. Today’s hearing aids are smaller, more lightweight and technically superior to older models. Many people who previously may not have been helped are finding they can now benefit from a hearing aid.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE A HEARING LOSS?
Here are some of the more common tell tale signs that indicate a hearing loss
- unable to follow a conversation in a group
- Difficulty hearing in background noise
- Asking people to repeat themselves more often
- Friends or family commenting that you have T.V. turned up loud
- Feeling pressure in your ear, or Ear noises, ringing, buzzing, sea shell noises, etc.
If any of this seems familiar then it may mean you have a hearing loss and may benefit from a digital hearing device.
Audivox Hearing, a Cork based family run business with 25 years experience in the Hearing Industry provide a professional evaluation of hearing loss and a comprehensive range of hearing aids including all the latest digital models and a full after sales follow up service. Some people feel that hearing aids are too expensive but the best hearing aids available are well within the reach of most people and may be one of the best investments you ever make. We also offer concessions for Medical card Holders and Reductions for trading in your old hearing Aids.
If you feel you would benefit from a FREE hearing assessment and to avail of our fantastic offers then please contact us. Your hearing is our concern.